Linen fabric is made from the fibers of the flax plant. Its history goes back many thousands of years. It’s known to be the world’s strongest natural fiber and it lasts a very long time. Being wonderful to our skin, linen is thought to have healing properties. In addition to all advantages it is just extremely charming!
Why linen bedding is the best for our skin?
Because linen is:
- breathable: our skin does not get tired during sleep;
- antibacterial and hypoallergenic: sleeping in our linen bedding will help you avoid common allergic reactions found with other fabrics. Linen bedding is suitable for people with sensitive skin and for children.
- hygroscopic: highly absorbent, it rapidly absorbs and releases moisture. Linen can absorb up to 20% of its own weight in water and still stay dry;
- thermo-regulating: it cools when it’s warm and warms up in winter;
- durable: linen is much stronger than both cotton and wool. Moreover it gets better with age by becoming softer an better looking;
- environmentally friendly: linen is biodegradable and waste-free. The cultivation and transformation of flax requires less irrigation, pesticides and energy than other fibers.
Linen care instructions:
- Gentle machine wash;
- Iron high;
- Tumle dry or dry flat;
- Do not bleach.